Friday, October 30, 2009

Clarity and A Cup Of Tea


Sitting here at 6:47am sipping a cup of Milk Thistle tea. The quiet, the stillness and tranquility of early morning calms my soul and makes me realize just how precious these quiet times are.

I quit my "day job" in November 2008 and I started my business full time in January, 2009 and haven't looked back since. This totally accounts for the absence of blogs because there just wasn't the time to really sit down with a clear enough thought about which to write. Life for me over the last few months has been incredible, busy, hectic, exciting, scary, a roller coaster and then some.

The ride has been awesome. The colon hydrotherapy business is doing well, and I am finally starting to find my way in the world of entrepreneurism. Additionally, I am learning the important lessons that come with maintaining balance in both business and personal life. It's hard to not have a day, moment or hour where I am NOT constantly thinking about the biz-ness....not good (a sure sign that balance calls)

There is always that thought that "I could be doing this" or "I should be doing that", but I remember how the chaos of constantly being on "GO mode" contributed to my becoming sick all those years ago.

So here I am listening to the silence that comes with early morning and I have such clarity. I know that I must make time to take good care of me. To not do so is no longer an option. It is imperative to my well being and health to have moments of quiet where there are no thoughts and anxiety about life and all that has to be done to further feed the need for consumption.

I am in a much clearer place now where I know that simplicity is the key to abundance. It's not about the getting, hoarding, consuming, accomplishing and hustle that seems to invade the psyche of so many (myself included). I have to remind myself often to slow down, to be still, to be here now. There is more than enough chaos to go around without my further adding to it.

Instead, I am choosing to stand in this healing space of simply knowing that IAM ok and that all is well this morning, today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment